About the Project
The purpose of the Project “Monitoring of education markets and organizations (MEMO)” is to collect generalized information and micro data, analyse, generalize and present information on recent trends in education in Russia: on choice of educational programs, funding of education, strategies of educational institutions, overall management, allocation of recourses, hiring policies, etc. The information is updated annually since 2002 based on the methodology providing a direct comparability of the data.
The Project was initiated by the Ministry of Education and Science of the Russian Federation.
At present the Project “Monitoring of education markets and organizations (MEMO)” provides in-depth data and enriches available centrally administered statistical information on education. The Project covers practically all levels of the education system including the preschool education, primary and secondary education, vocational training and tertiary education; some information on the supplementary education for children and adults is also given.
Data collection is carried out in such a way that the data are representative for Russia as a whole taking into consideration the considerable difference between the subjects of the Russian Federation.
The main information sources for MEMO are:
- Public statistics including official information of the Ministry of Finance of the Russian Federation;
- Household surveys;
- Surveys of educational institutions – over 1000 institutions of all education levels;
- Teaching staff surveys – over 3000 teachers at institutions of all education levels;
- Student surveys – over 7000 students (or their parents) at institutions of all education levels;
- Employer surveys – about 1000 heads of organizations in six sectors of the economy: industry, construction, transportation, communication, trade and business services;
- Pilot statistical survey – about 100 primary, secondary and higher professional education institutions;
- Ad hoc surveys (interviewing, focus groups, etc.).
Potential users of information are: researchers, faculty, education authorities, educational institutions managers, higher education students and others.
Have you spotted a typo?
Highlight it, click Ctrl+Enter and send us a message. Thank you for your help!